The last day while driving home from Pilanesburg we bought a new “knick knack” for our house…
Only to find out the next day that it was outdated and obsolete! That’s right, the last day of vacation we found out I am pregnant. I have to admit that I was shocked to tears. We had spent quite some time before moving to Angola trying to get pregnant to no avail. During this vacation to Cape Town we had resigned ourselves to our life with 2 super cute girls, who were now big enough to entertain themselves, play together for hours without parent assistance and the joy of having our kids grow up and no more baby stuff. Ah, the dreams of lives about to change!
We are super excited to welcome baby number 3 into our home… and though life is going to get a little more tricky and tiring we can’t wait to have another little person to love in our family. August 20, 2013 is going to be an exciting day! A few answers to the most common questions:
1. Yes, I get prenatal care here in Angola… it is different, slow, and confusing… the doctor speaks Spanish and Portuguese… thank goodness this is not my first pregnancy, I think I would be freaking out a little.
2. No, I will not deliver the baby here… I will be going home to the states for the summer and deliver in Utah.
3. We have not decided when the baby and I (along with the girls) will be coming back to Angola… it is a constantly moving target of dates, decisions and choices… I wish we had a prompting either way, but as of yet it changes on a daily basis. We could come back when the baby is a month old, or we could wait until after the new year. When we know we will let you all know… and then, it could change anyways.
4. Right now we are calling the baby nothing really, but have joked that we could name it Yoenis, Yo-Yo for short, after a player on the A’s. Sophie and Violet both wanted a sister when first questioned… but now don’t seem to care. Originally Violet said she wanted a brother or a sister, but only if it was a girl!
5. I am feeling pretty good. Not as much puke as with the other 2, but some days are just awful and I can’t even keep going- days like that I am pretty in love with my maid and Disney Jr.
We are excited for the new baby, but we will sleep plenty until Yo-Yo gets here!