Last year I loved doing my 30 days of Thanks… but this month has been hectic, crazy and I am just really glad I kept my head on straight! So, instead, I am going to celebrate with a list of my greatest blessings! In no real order…
- A house over my head and food on my table. I am so grateful for the jobs that Jeff and I both have that provide the basics (and more) for my family. I am also so grateful that Jeff and i both like our jobs, we don’t come home miserable and we don’t complain (besides the occasional bad day).
- My extended family. Especially my parents in law who live nearby and help out with babysitting so that I can go visit patients at home… go to appointments and fulfill church callings.
- My family. My parents who are so supportive of Jeff, me and my children, who play crazy, silly games over and over again to make the girls happy and excited.
- My cutie patootie nephews (and how fun that they are all here this weekend!)
- Delicious food… oh so yummy!!!
- Living in this gorgeous place (really I love being in Northern California, we went to the zoo on Tuesday and did NOT wear jackets!!!)
- Great books to read.
- Good friends- near and far.
- The gospel- oh how I love being a part of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints… it gives my life purpose, direction and I am a better person because of it.
- My Young Women (who don’t read this, but, still). This calling has been the most stress inducing thing I have ever done (and that includes being ward organist)- but I love those girls and the example they are to me.
- My counselors- who support me in my crazy schemes and who will do anything I ask of them and support me in my calling.
- A living Prophet on this earth today.
- My sweet, kind, loving and handsome husband. 10 years together and I am still not sure why he picked me- but I sure love him and the person that he is, he inspires me to be a better person, to be a better mom and to stretch myself and grow.
- My princesses! Those girls are the best thing I have… I love them so much and can’t believe that they haven’t been around forever! They try my patience, run me ragged and make me a little crazy some days- but they are the best things in my life and the people I like spending my time with.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Count your many blessings and have a great day celebrating with family and friends!