Well, I have tried to avoid doing the totally sappy posts… Alas, I feel like this occasion deserves a little sap and a lot of love to one person! I can’t even believe that today is Jeff and mine 10th anniversary… 10 YEARS… That feels huge and fabulous, but in actuality it doesn’t always feel like a long time, some days it feels like just yesterday I was at the temple hearing about my FIL how hadn’t packed a white shirt to wear to the temple, just a red a green stripes one, just yesterday I was all nervous and anxious to kneel across the altar… But so excited to before eternity with Jeff. But, other days it feels like I have been with Jeff forever! He seems to know me so well, and knows how to deal with my moods, craziness and everything that makes me such a catch to be married to (!). It seems like we have been a family for such a long time, and I love that! It makes me happy and it comforts me. I know that he was the person I was supposed to be with, and I am so grateful for the blessing of eternal marriage, for the opportunity that we have to be sealed together forever!
In honor of our 10th anniversary, here are 10 reasons that I love my husband!
1. He is super funny- seriously, he makes me laugh all time… and it is possible I think he is super funny because we have the same sense of humor- I am ok with that bias! We enjoy the same types of movies for this exact reason.
2. He is an amazing Dad. He was so worried about having a houseful of girls… he only had brothers- but he is the perfect daddy for our princesses. They have the best mix of sports love and girly. It is a 50/50 shot if Sophie will come down wearing an A’s shirt/Eagles jersey or a super froofy princess outfit- and I love that. How many little girls get excited about baseball season?
3. He is competitive- weird, I know, to love that about my husband- but it is such a good trait. He works so hard to be good at what he does. He doesn’t just coast, he is always trying hard to understand and perfect his trade, and I love that people at work recognize that about him. His competitive nature also allows him to understand why I am so crazy about winning! He doesn’t think I am crazy, he just understands.
4. He is a worthy priesthood holder. I am grateful for this everyday. How fabulous it is to have a worthy, spiritual man at the head of our household- and for my daughters to see him excercise that power regularly. I love that he tries hard to excel at his callings, even if that means extra time, work and stress. I love that our daughters have this example of a righteous man in their lives.
5. He inspires me to take better care of myself! Besides that Jeff’s family tends to live FOREVER compared to mine (seriously, his great grandmother was 95) Jeff is good at nicely encouraging me to be a more fit/healthier person. He never tells me that I need to lose weight, instead he encourages me to continue with activities that I enjoy and that make me healthier. When I decided to play tennis (despite years of resisting even liking the sport) he bought me new clothes and encouraged me to take a second class a week when I expressed interest.
6. He gets excited about adventures. The perfect example is us living in Angola! But, besides that he will spend days and weeks planning trips. I think he has itineraries for several trips that we haven’t even booked, because it excites him to find out anything and everything about a new place. When we went to Cape Town Jeff had figured out plans for the entire trip, with backups- and made sure they were things that the girls and I would also enjoy. He does this for every day things too. When he used to have every other Friday off he would plan things for the girls to do with him while I was working, or for us to do together as a family. His excitement is catching, we have so much fun.
7. He is super cute- I love that hot man! I also love that our girls have his cute nose (as opposed to my lovely one).
8. He is patient. 3 girls in a house doesn’t always equal calm, and he is able to put up with us with surprisingly few boys nights out. I love that he is happy spending his nights with us watching movies or reading books.
9. He is smart. Watching Jeff work hard through law school was great (especially as we met his senior year at BYU and he only had 4 classes on his schedule)- and then he switched from law to technical writing, to law (again) and then moved to contracts/supply chain. He has done well at each of those positions, and has been able to pick up new information and new processes and succeed.
10. He loves me! And really, isn’t that a great reason to love him?!?! He sure is the best person ever- my best friend, and my favorite person to be around. I can’t believe that it has been 10 years, we have lived on both sides of the country, and 2 continents. We have 2 2/3 children… we survived 2 graduate schools, several tough times, and some truly fabulous wonderful times. Life is better because Jeff is with me.